Monday, August 4, 2008

The lousiest day so far...

The past 6 weeks at the new school have been rather smotth sailing, I must say. Although many colleagues did notice that I am not exactly that happy, I guess life is still not that bad. I guess today was really an exception. My dear students at LYS have been asking if my current students are bullying me. To be very honest, most are really nice and friendly. The initial reluctance to accept me has subsided quite a bit and I am slowly enjoying teaching the classes except for 1.

I walked out of the class today. I have been having terrible Monday blues all thanks to this particular class. That's because I only teach them character development and do not teach them any examinable subjects. Maybe in their minds, this is not that important. The first few weeks have been quite a struggle getting them to cooperate but today was the final straw. I had enough of their disrespect and decided to walk out. I refused to return despite the possible risk of being reprimanded by my boss as to me that's a sign of weakness. Really, at that point, no amount of scolding would deter me from staying put in the office. I was THAT angry!

After cooling down, I tried to recall when was the last time I walked out of a class. Can't really recall any this year nor last year. But I remember clearly that 2 years back, I walked out of a history class and the kids felt so bad that an apology card was made after I refused to see and her them apologise.

I guess I am still not over missing LYS and what I have experienced there. 5 long years and don't know how many hundreds of kids I have taught. Sometimes I really wonder will I ever be as happy in this new school?

2 comments:

MarDiianA said...

hello der dearest Ms Chua or shud i say Mrs N?
ehehehe. dnoe yet wat's the name. hahas.

anyway, 4e3 has been giving me headaches nwadaes. Been very noisy. haish. Despite their attitude problems, they are still the sweetest among all! :D

Regarding ur new sch, i hope sooner or later u'll adapt to it. hope u wont walk out of the class often. pity u for having that class for CD lesson but for sure one day they'll make u happy.

Der's always 4e3 to cheer u up!
hope we could see u again!

loves,
Mardiana :)

Yee Tien said...

So nice to hear from you Mardiana...remember...you are having headache over the class because you care about them...just help each other along and pep talk each other along the way!! Really wish I could meet up with you all soon!